18 April 2021

Sunday scraps: Third book cover draft

 We went through a few iterations of the “icon” cover that I showed last week.

Unused Better Posters cover concept in yellow

 

I asked to see a few colour variations and got them.

Unused Better Posters cover concept in blue

The red was my favourite.

Unused Better Posters cover concept in red

Some subtleties that I appreciated: 

The crayfish / lobster icon, a nod to my own area of biological research.

The flow of icons from top to bottom sort of follow the poster making process. The things you observe as a scientist are up at the top. The tools that you use to make a poster are down at the bottom.

The cover designer went back more to the concept of “make the cover a poster” is a less literal way than I had first tinkered with.

No comments: