Let’s start off with an entry from the University of Maryland School of Medicine, “The HSV-2 oncolytic virus ΔPK induces multiple death and inflammatory programs associated with inhibition of melanoma tumor growth.”
- More than half the poster space is taken up with graphics.
- Institutional logo bookends.
- The authors’ credits cutting into the results.
- The varying column widths, particularly in the top left, where it’s not clear at first if you’re supposed to read across or down.
- Most headers in blue... except for the ones in bright green.
- The sudden transition from white to blue background in the last box.
- Tiny credits sitting outside boxes, messing up bottom alignment.
This poster is average at best. Will the next one fare any better? Come back tomorrow for another critique!